When will I go home?
What can I do?
What can’t I do?
|None||You will be discharged on the same day as the operation||Rest for 3 days||No lifting|
Acute phase (0-2 weeks)
- Reduce pain
- Rest in bandaging for 3 days
- Remove bulky bandage at 3 days and gentle movement of hand
Intermediate phase (2-6 weeks)
- Control pain
- Regain range of movement
- Mobilise wrist and hand as tolerated
- Desensitisation program
- Median nerve gliding exercises
Late phase (>6 weeks)
- Restore hand function
- Regain strength, proprioception and function
- Regain full function with range of movement and loading
- Resistance and hand gripping exercises
Guidelines for return to functional activities
|2 weeks||6 weeks||2 weeks||6 weeks|