Mr. Devinder Garewal is a orthopaedic shoulder surgeon specialist.
Devinder completed his medical qualifications from the University of Melbourne and is a Fellow of the Royal Australasian College of Surgeons and the Australian Orthopaedic Association.
After completing his orthopaedic training in Victoria, Devinder undertook fellowships subspecializing in shoulder surgery and upper limb trauma. He worked as an orthopaedic trauma fellow at the Austin Hospital in Melbourne, then completed 12 months of prestigious international fellowships in France, Italy and with the world-renowned upper limb unit in Wrightington, England.
During this time, he attained advanced skills in orthopaedic diagnosis, arthroscopic, keyhole, minimally invasive and computer navigated surgical management and rehabilitation techniques.
Devinder has a keen interest in teaching medical and allied health staff. He is also actively involved in research and has published numerous scientific papers in peer-reviewed journals and has presented work both nationally and internationally.
Mr Garewal is pleased to provide a comprehensive orthopaedic shoulder surgery service and is committed to offering timely treatment to all patients.
- Orthopaedic trauma fellow: Austin Hospital, Melbourne 2015
- Orthopaedic shoulder fellow: CHP St Gregoire, Brittany, France, Dr. Philippe Collin, 2016
- Orthopaedic shoulder fellow: Instituto Clinico Humanitas, Milan, Italy, Dr. Alessandro Castagna, 2016
- Orthopaedic shoulder fellow: Wrightington, England, Prof Len Funk, Mr Mike Walton 2017
- Royal Australasian College of Surgeons (RACS)
- Australian Orthopaedic Association (AOA)
- Australian Medical Association (AMA)
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons (AAOS)
- University of Melbourne (Melbourne Medical School)
- Warringal Private Hospital
- Northpark Private Hospital
- Austin Hospital
- Box Hill Hospital
- Echuca Regional Health
Journal of Orthopaedic Surgery 2015; 23(2):233-6.
Correlations between patient-assessed shoulder instability scale scores
Shoulder & Elbow 2013; doi: 10.1111/sae.12039.
Shoulder structure and function following the modified Latarjet procedure: A clinical and radiological review.
Emerg Med Aust 2005; 17: 204-211.
Factors that Impact upon the time to hospital presentation following the onset of chest pain.
Emerg Med Aust 2005; 17: 4-10
Management of new onset atrial fibrillation in previously well, relatively young patients.
Wilderness Environ Med 2005; 16: 75-80
Perceptions of surfboard riders regarding the need for protective headgear.
J Sci Med Sport 2004; 7: 429-437
Acute injury and chronic disability resulting from surfboard riding.
Med J Aust 2003; 179: 140-142
Mobile telephone use among Melbourne drivers: A preventable exposure to injury risk.