When will I go home?
What can I do?
What can’t I do?
|6 weeks||You will be discharged on the same day as the operation||Rest in plaster/splint||No lifting|
Acute phase (0-2 weeks)
- Reduce pain
- Rest in plaster
Intermediate phase (2-6 weeks)
- Control pain
- Change to splint
- Shoulder and elbow range of movement exercises
Late phase (>6 weeks)
- Regain function of wrist
- Regain strength, proprioception and function
- Commence range of movement in wrist with progression from passive to active
- Respect pain at end range flexion/extension
- Focus on active finger flexion and extension
- Improve dart throwers motion
- Hand grip exercises
Guidelines for return to functional activities
|2 weeks||6 weeks||2 weeks||4 weeks|