When will I go home?
What can I do?
What can’t I do?
|No sling||You will be discharged on the same day as the operation||Rest in splint||No lifting|
Acute phase (0-2 weeks)
- Reduce pain
- Rest in plaster splint
Intermediate phase (2-6 weeks)
- Control pain
- Protect surgical repair
- Change into scaphoid brace
Late phase (>6 weeks)
- Regain hand range of movement
- Regain strength, proprioception and function
- Commence thumb and hand range of movement
- Thumb opposition and strength exercises from 12 weeks
Guidelines for return to functional activities
|8 weeks||12 weeks||8 weeks||4 months|