When will I go home?
What can I do?
What can’t I do?
|2 weeks||You will be discharged on the same day as the operation||Rest in splint||No lifting|
Acute phase (0-2 weeks)
- Reduce pain
- Rest in plaster
Intermediate phase (2-6 weeks)
- Control pain
- Commence range of movement
- Change into removal splint
- Passive to active assisted wrist range of movement exercises
Late phase (>6 weeks)
- Regain wrist range of movement
- Regain strength, proprioception and function
- Wean splint
- Progress range of movement to full active functional range
- Load wrist as tolerated
- Strengthening exercises forearm and wrist
Guidelines for return to functional activities
|8 weeks||6 weeks||8 weeks||3 months|